- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, chopped
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously spray the inside of a 10-1/2 by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. (Or, if you have Pampered Chef Stoneware, use that…no spraying needed )
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, Cinnamon, salt, half the pecans, half the strawberries,half the dried cranberries, and half the chocolate. (Save the other half of strawberries,cranberries, pecans and chocolate for the top of the oatmeal). In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the remaining strawberries, pecans, dried cranberries and chocolate on top. Add the banana slices to the top then pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shimmy/shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
I'd love it if you stalked me (subscribe to my RSS feed). Thanks for visiting!