For Aurora, I wanted a bubble dress but was running out of fabric…so I improvised! Here’s my “baby’s bubble dress.”
It’s basically 2 pieces. The first piece, the chest piece, was a rectangle (see the other tutorial for Lorelei’s bubble dress) but instead of being 4 1/2 inches, I made it 9 inches wide. Then, I sewed it in half just like before. The difference, however, is that instead of arm straps, I just added some elastic on top.
The body piece was made in exactly the same fashion as Lorelei’s dress. Just, different measurements to fit the baby.
I might add some ribbon to the front for a halter strap, but I’m not sure if I’m down with the potential CHOKING HAZARD! So, we’ll see. I may add SOMETHING to just kind of dress it up later, or I may wait till she is big enough to wear it as a shirt and not try to eat everything. I can tell you, though, this is the perfect outfit for quick changes!