I have lots of favorites, but I chose these for today. I took these during our terrible ice storm (2009). After the storm hit, there was a space of 24 hours where I couldn’t reach my husband, and anyone I managed to contact hadn’t heard from him either. But, these photographs don’t JUST bring back memories of anxious waiting or trying to keep warm and fed. They also stir up feelings…emotions of “places” I’ve been in life and the things I’ve pulled through.
I'd love it if you stalked me (subscribe to my RSS feed). Thanks for visiting!
Ah…this one is a bit more difficult for me.
I guess you could say I’m a bit non-committal on what my “dream house” would look like. There are, however, some things I know I would love in my “dream house”:
- An “open floor plan” for the living room, dining room, and kitchen.
- A spacious updated kitchen with an island and a pantry (oh, my!)
- 5 bedrooms, 2 of which would be “Master Bedroom” suites with attached bathrooms
- 3 1/2 to 4 bathrooms
- An AWESOME shower for my and hubby’s room – think tiled shower floors with multiple shower heads, and then a separate bathtub, something comfy to lie in and read would be great.
- An attic for storage
- French doors…lots of french doors
- A beautiful patio and an in-ground pool (outside)
- My “dream house” would sit on a few acres
- Possibly, a finished basement
…and a dream house wouldn’t be a dream house if it wasn’t situated close to those I love.
2. Grey’s Anatomy
3. The Gates
4. Rookie Blue
7. Gilmore Girls (even though it’s all re-runs now)
8. Private Practice
9. Desperate Housewives
12. Brothers and Sisters
Losing those I love.
Although, the girls teenage years come at a close second
I love traveling, but here are some of my favorites!
St. Louis, MO – We love visiting the Union Station around Christmas, City Museum, Magic House, Zoo…oh so much fun with the kiddos!
Panama City Beach, FL
This is from one of our latest trips – Frankfort Michigan
I think my most favorite trip of all time would be HERE, though. I want to go back again SOON.
2. The patriot
4. A Little Princess
5. The Green Mile
6. 10 Things I Hate About You
7. The Wedding Singer
8. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
9. Supersize Me
10. The Sixth Sense
(Josh with Lorelei)
10 Things about my brother -
1. My girls refer to him as “Uncle Josh” and “Bubba”
2. He’s really fun to be around. Lala and Rora love playing with him.
3. He’s 3 years younger than me, although you can’t tell now.
4. Once, he slammed a door in my face at the top of the steps and I fell down the entire flight…head first. He thought it was funny. Me, not so much.
5. He was probably getting me back for making him ride in my baby carriage when he was 3.
6. He comes up with some really funny contraptions that we laugh about… like when he meant to haul a bench seat and rode up to the front door with said seat strapped onto his four-wheeler – it was very redneck-ish.
7. He’s compassionate and sweet.
8. He likes my strawberry cupcakes
9. He’s Catholic.
10. He makes me proud and I love him SO much
About my parents:
Today, my parents are two are the greatest forces in my life. Today, I know they did everything they knew to do to empower me. Love me. Teach me. Raise me.
My parents have seen me at my lowest. My parents have walked beside me through the trenches.
My parents have submitted to changing with me, when they could’ve been rigid and un-changing.
My parents have beautiful hearts and know that “true” family often has nothing to do with blood-lines.
My parents are excellent grandparents.
And today, I finally understand what it’s like to be a parent who gives their best and most, and for that to never feel like it’s quite enough.
Mom, when I think you, I think of:
Compassion. I think of hugs and someone who often knows what I need before I need it. You listen when I need to talk. You research things I don’t understand so that we both may learn. You don’t judge me. You just love me…through thick and thin. My daughters think you pretty much hung the moon, and apparently you are WAY cooler than me.
Dad, you are strong. You are kind. You have wonderful morals and make me laugh. I love you so much. You are intelligent and your hugs make me feel like the world is safe again.
I don’t know what I’d do without either of you. I hope you never wonder how important you are to me.
Most of you know this already, but my name is Ashley and I’m a wife and a mom to 2 lovely little girls (3 1/2 and 1 1/2). I’m a stay-at-home mom, but unfortunately that doesn’t mean I get to sit on my butt eating bon-bons. When I’m not doing thankless (and mostly un-noticeable after my kids get through with it) housework, I’m homeschooling, tutoring students, baking cupcakes for birthdays and special occasions by special order, crafting, reading, painting, and freelance writing for publications. And, blogging, apparently.
I’ve been married for 5 1/2 years and I would love to go back to school to finish up my bachelor’s in psychology. Jesus Christ is my savior and I LOVE God. I love people and I appreciate everyone who has been put in my life.
15 Things About Me:
- I AM…craving SUSHI.
- I WANT… a satellite watch, an iphone, ipad, and new boots. I don’t want for much, huh? I don’t NEED those things…well, except I do need more dressy winter shoes, but other than that…I don’t NEED anything.
- I HAVE… a wonderful family (which includes people I’ve “adopted into my family” by choice)
- I WISH… the storms of life would just FREAKIN CALM DOWN AND LEAVE ME ALONE! Ha.
- I HATE… lies and betrayal.
- I FEAR… screwing up my kids (which seems inevitable) and losing those I love.
- I REGRET… not finishing my degree when my husband first got deployed.
- I LOVE…God. My husband. My family. Friends.
- I ALWAYS… think I could be better.
- I AM NOT…the type to freak out if my house doesn’t look perfect. I’ve changed my priorities to reflect what matters most in the end. I love a clean house just as much as anyone else but have learned not to freak out if there are toys strewn and cracker crumbs everywhere. I want to look back and not regret the time I didn’t spend with my kids because I was too busy cleaning a house that never really mattered. (I do clean, I just don’t get obsessive. As long as my house doesn’t make anyone sick, we’re good.)
- I DANCE… like a white girl, probably. Mostly when nobody is watching. Or when I’m REALLY REALLY happy.
- I READ… everything.
- I SING… when nobody’s listening…or with my kids.
- I SPEND… mostly on stuff for our family. Occasionally, I’ll spend for myself but I always feel really bad, and sometimes take it back.
- I TAKE… pictures.