Original Sprout – A Review
Original Sprout -
Original Sprout has become one of our family’s favorite body care brands. The makers of Original Sprout products not only make products that smell and feel good, but that are also safe for our babies and children. They do not use any natural or synthetic ingredients linked with estrogen & hormone disruption, cancer & autism such as: Phthalates, Dioxanes 1, 4, Sulfates, Parabens, Formaldehyde, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Acetaldehydes, Styrene, Toluene, Glycol Ethers, Ethylene Oxide, Musk, Lavender or Tea Tree Oils, Clove, Soy, Nonylphenol, Mineral or Petroleum Oils, Triclosan, Eurethane, 1-2 Propylene Oxide, Placenta, Synthetic Colors & Titanium Dioxide or Nanoparticles.
Their regulated, European Directive Compliant products are:
• Are made by a master stylist and mother, so they are safe and natural, but perform as good or better than high-end salon brands.
• Free of phthalates, phytoestrogens, soy, gluten, animal products, parabens, and propylene glycol with no added dioxanes or formaldehydes.
• Free of skin penetrators & photosensitizers (plasticizers & nanoparticles).
• Extracts are certified organic. The majority of ingredients are plant derived & from natural sources.
• E.U. Directive Compliant with full label disclosure of ingredients.
• Fragrances are made with naturally derived ingredients & are certified FREE of phthalates, lavender, tea tree, PG, DPG, parabens, dioxanes, benzenes, formaldehydes, acetaldehydes, styrene, toluene, chlorobenzene & glycol ethers.
• Products are vegetarian/vegan & biodegradable.
To read more, go here.
The Natural Shampoo, Scrumptious Baby Cream, and Miracle Detangler are three of my favorite Original Sprout products.
The Natural Shampoo gently cleanses as it moisturizes hair. I love that it can be used on the whole family (including me!) It’s subtle scent is lovely but not overwhelming, so your sweet babies still smell like sweet babies and not heavily perfumed or obnoxious.
The Scrumptious Baby Cream – OH! The Scrumptious Baby Cream! I think the name itself says it all! The scent is light and fresh and leaves baby (or your) skin feeling and smelling scrumptious! The cream is ultra-moisturizing, lightweight, and non-greasy!
The Miracle Detangler is one of my faves! My oldest daughter (age 4) has thin hair that tangles easy. Post-bath has been a battle since her hair has covered her ears – me trying to sort through the tangles and her dodging the brush! But, with this detangler, her hair becomes manageable and soft. Other detangling products (a popular brand) have been tried on her hair, but leave her hair limp and smelling like chemicals – UGH! Original Sprout’s Miracle Detangler leaves her hair pretty and tangle-free, without the horrid chemical smell! (And, it leaves me without the headache!)
Disclaimer: I received these products as part of a review. Like always, my thoughts and opinions are my own and are not swayed in any way.